Campaign cities who join the campaign agree to work to six campaign principles:
- Housing First: Ensuring homeless people are housed in permanent, safe, appropriate and affordable housing with the support necessary to sustain it.
- Knowing who’s out there: Getting to know every homeless person by name by going onto the streets to find them and understand their needs.
- Tracking progress: Regularly collecting and sharing person-specific data to accurately track progress toward ending homelessness.
- Involving the community in solutions: Many people are concerned about the individuals in their communities who have no roof to sleep under and they want to play a meaningful part in helping to find solutions.
- Improving local systems: Building coordinated housing and support systems that are simple to navigate, while targeting resources quickly and efficiently to the people who need it the most.
- Learning from and sharing with others: There must be a willingness to contribute to sharing knowledge with other cities whilst also learning from their campaign.