The World Habitat Awards Advisory Group, who select the finalists of the World Habitat Awards, include housing experts with a wide range of experience.
The membership of the Group is not fixed and the experts undertaking this part of the assessment change from year to year.
The Advisory Group for the 2019 World Habitat Awards includes:
- Dr Angus Kennedy OBE – Chair, World Habitat
- Christophe Lalande – Head of Housing Unit, UN-Habitat
- Dr Claudia Murray – Research Fellow at the School of Real Estate and Planning, University of Reading
- David Ireland OBE – Chief Executive, World Habitat
- Dr Graham Tipple – Consultant in housing and urban issues in developing countries; previously Reader in Housing Policy and Development, Associate Director of GURU (Global Urban Research Unit), University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Professor Jo Richardson – Associate Dean Research and Innovation / Professor of Housing and Social Research, De Montfort University and Trustee, World Habitat
- Sorcha Edwards – Secretary General, Housing Europe
- Stephanie Gill, Senior Programme Manager (World Habitat Awards)
- Terrie Alafat CBE – Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Housing
- Professor Yves Cabannes – Development Planning Unit, University College London